Re: Issue: XML_LANG_CLARIFY

I'm with Julian on this. The XML specification *clearly* states that
xml:lang imposes its value on all its children. That is, it is scoped. Thus,
any properties appear within a scope defined by any/all ancestors.

The prefixes defined by the xmlns: attribute are similarly behaved. We
persist those, without regard to where they may have occurred. xml:lang is
exactly the same.

We should *not* start reinterpreting the XML specifications to suit our
perceptions of how things should work. We chose XML, so we need to abide by
its rules. And one of those is that xml:lang is a scope.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/