RE: Issue: XML_LANG_CLARIFY

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:46:41 -0400
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To keep things simple, I would just disallow the xml:lang attribute
on the D:prop node.  In fact, I would indicate that all attributes
on the D:prop node are ignored unless explicitly defined by the
protocol as being allowed there.

This allows a client to ignore attributes on the D:prop node, and
just store all attributes on the property node, without having to
understand the inheritance semantics of those attributes.

Cheers,
Geoff