RE: Issue: BIND and MKRESOURCE

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:41:26 -0400
To: <afreeman@lightsurf.com>
Cc: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I think it's important to know your intent.   Here's just another stab in
the dark...

A given server can do this if it supports a live resource that can be used
to map to another resource behind the scenes.  You set it's source property
and it could return that content for  get request... yet it would have it's
own properties.

Of course I don't know if this fulfills your intent.

The advanced collections redirect reference probably do what you just
described, but of course they don't hide it from the client.  And I think
you said you didn't want a redirect.

So unless you're willing to do a redirect or set up a live resource on the
server, you can't do this right now.

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com