From: Jason Crawford [mailto:ccjason@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 8:43 PM
To: Jim Whitehead
Cc: WebDAV WG
Subject: Re: Issue: OPTION_WITH_DEPTH

Since noone else has spoken up, I'll respond just to try to get discussion
going.

<<
"Should the Depth header be usable with OPTIONS to perform a query of the
capabilities of all resources in a hierarchy?"

To me, the underlying issue is:

Do clients need to be able to query the capabilities of all resources in a
collection hierarchy in one network round trip?

Unless someone speaks out vigorously in favor of OPTIONS with depth header,
I suggest that we remain silent on that (to leave ourselves this option in
the future) and leave it on the issues list.