RE: Issue: PROP_ATTR

>> Maybe we need to collect all issues regarding this topic before going
back
>> to this one. For instance, if somebody would want to store an XSLT or an
XSD
>> schema as a property value, he probably would expect that namespace
prefix
>> information is preserved as well...

>They're SOL with (at least) mod_dav. It doesn't preserve prefixes. That is
>potentially another issue for the RFC 2518 issues list (I have an opinion,
>but that can occur under a separate issue thread).

DAV servers cannot preserve the namespace prefix.  What would happen if two
proppatch's told the same resource to store properties with the same
prefixes but differing namespaces?  When the server went to output info on a
propfind, it would not be consistent.

<d:prop xmlns:f="http://www.xythos.com/namespaces">
  <f:bar/>
</d:prop>