Re: Issue: PROP_ATTR

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:24:00PM +0200, Julian F. Reschke wrote:
> [...]

Actually, it doesn't contradict the namespace spec. The spec is silent on
the issue of how to handle the URI and the localpart when used as an
identifier or key. In practice, everybody uses them as a tuple. However,
before this practice was really "observed", RFC 2518 took the position of
concatenation.

[ the WebDAV final draft went to the RFC Editor before XML Namespaces were
  finalized, and certainly before standard practices were identified ]

> (that is, without well-defined delimiters), they are a pair,
> that's it (see issue "XML_NS").

Yes, RFC 2518 will be changing to that interpretation for a number of
reasons.

Cheers,
-g

--