From: Jim Whitehead [mailto:ejw@cse.ucsc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 8:54 PM
To: WebDAV WG
Subject: Issue: PROP_ATTR

As mentioned in a previous post, now is the time to start resolving issues
on the RFC 2518 issues list.  As fate would have it, the first issue on the
list is one that has been contentious in the past. Can we come to consensus
on it now?

Issue: PROP_ATTR

What is a WebDAV server required to do with XML attributes other than
xml:lang submitted with a PROPPATCH?  This affects how well WebDAV will be
able to support RDF, since RDF uses attributes extensively.

Greg Stein originally raised this issue:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998OctDec/0089.html

See also:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998OctDec/0092.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998OctDec/0094.html