leaving out the root in a Depth operation

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:03:16 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

This is probably worth getting onto the "proposed new feature
list" for the 2518 update.  Or is it already there?

Cheers,
Geoff

   From: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>

   FWIW, Microsoft defined a "noroot" suffix on depth headers...

   So, "Depth: 1,noroot" would mean "my immediate children, but not myself".

   Very useful for doing directory listings because one doesn't have to first
   filter out the directory itself.