RE: Source: header

From: Kevin Wiggen <wiggs@wiggenout.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:37:19 -0800
To: "John Stracke" <francis@ecal.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

There are instances when a user would like to get a file from a URL (mp3,
word doc, etc) that is not on a Webdav Server (or one that does not allow
for cross server Copies).  This allows Xythos to go get the file and store
it for the user.

There are a lot of proprietary extensions out there to do "cross loading"
Xythos would like to see a Webdav COPY be the standard, thus we propose
adding the "Source" tag so that clients can cause server-server copies
across Webdav Servers and/or across a Webdav Server and a HTTP server.

This gives flexibility to a Webdav server as it is able to copy resources
between machines both as a Source and a Destination.

Kevin
Xythos