Re: DAV:resourcetype

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:52:41 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org
So does this mean we can extend DAV:resourcetype with nested content? This
sould simplify some of the resource types introduced by versioning.

[You have to have a long memory to put this post in context.]

In an attempt to determine what would happen if we extended the
'DAV:resourcetype', I tried WebFolders (vintage Win2000Pro 5SP1) against a
server that answered a variety of values for resource type.

The empirical evidence is that resources that answer an non-null value for
DAV:resourcetype are always interpeted as type 'Web Folder'.

For example, I tried the following combo, and the resource shows up as a
folder.
  <DAV:resourcetype><FOO:foobartype/></DAV:resourcetype>

I also tried 'extending' collection as follows:

<DAV:resourcetype><DAV:collection><DAV:version-selector/></DAV:collection></DAV:resourcetype>

and

<DAV:resourcetype><DAV:collection/><DAV:version-selector/></DAV:resourcetype>

and they seemed to work ok (i.e., were interpreted as WebFolders and could
be opened and browsed, etc.).

Regards,
Tim