Refreshing locks

From: Rickard Falk <rickard.falk@excosoft.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:32:05 +0200
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
When I'm about to refresh a lock, can I then send exactly the same request as I sent when I locked the resource? I've tried this
with IIS-5 and Sharemation, but the response I get is '423 Locked'. The only things that differs are, the If header and any cookies
that may have been set. According to the spec. I doesn't have to send exactly the same request, but it doesn't say that I can't.
To get it to work I excluded the body of the lock request, as the spec. say's I can.

Chap 7.8 Refreshing Write Locks
'However, a client may submit a LOCK method with an If header but without a body. This form of LOCK MUST only be used to "refresh" a
lock.'

Can I rely on that if I send the Lock request without the body, that all servers will see this as a Lock refresh?

/Rickard Falk