RE: Bindings and Redirect Ref. teleconf. Mar. 1, 2000

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:29:53 -0800 (PST)
To: "Slein, Judith A" <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>
cc: "'Joe Orton'" <joe@orton.demon.co.uk>, WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Why would it have to delete the properties?

Overwrite is defined to "... overwrite the state of a non-null destination
resource ...". It is specified in terms of a COPY/MOVE, and we can state
that for a MKREF, it *only* overwrites the target.

There is no other language that forces us to interpret Overwrite as
"DELETE the resource first [implying the props are deleted]".

I really like Joe's idea.

Cheers,
-g

--