RE: Qualities of URLs and resources

From: Slein, Judith A <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:36:29 -0500
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Roy,

remove from the binding spec all language that suggests that resources are
storage entities.  We think that otherwise, the spec is consistent with the
view that a resource is a mapping function.

We will change the definition of binding to state explicitly that it is not
a resource, but is rather part of the state of a collection resource.
Although I think this conflicts with your position, it at least makes our
position clearer.

Will these changes allay your concerns, or do we need to do further work?

--Judy