From: Tim_Ellison@oti.com [mailto:Tim_Ellison@oti.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 9:57 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: Re: Labels

<geoff>
I agree with those on the mailing list who have argued that it is sufficient

to internationalize labels to the extent that URL's are internationalized,
which does not include tagging with language and charset.
</geoff>

Jim W. pointed out that URLs are exempted from the internationallization
rules.  I suggest that we say labels are UTF-8 Unicode characters; and the
resulting bytes are URL-encoded if we are required to transmit it in a URL
(unlikely).

Tim