RE: driveway.com / cadaver interop

A server is always free to return extra properties since clients are always
able to tell if a response contains the properties they are interested in. A
client that fails in this scenario would be properly viewed as broken as,
even if the standard prohibited returning extra properties, a real world
client MUST be flexible enough to handle a broken server that did the wrong
thing in this case.

That having been said, I wouldn't support specifying that a server MUST NOT
return extra properties as I don't think this requirement would enhance
interoperability and it would prevent some potentially useful scenarios.

I realize that a server returning extra properties could be considered a
D.O.S. attack but since the server is the "service" and since the client can
kill the TCP connection, I find this argument to be a bit strained.