RE: WebDAV Bindings - Issue Yaron.MrIntegrity

From: Slein, Judith A <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:35:31 -0500
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>, "Slein, Judith A" <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

There are applications that depend upon the integrity of bindings.  In
particular, the versioning protocol being developed by the Delta-V working
group depends upon it.  In versioning, there are many orthogonal ways of
grouping information: by activity, by version tree, by configuration, etc.
Clients depend upon the integrity of this information.

As others have suggested recently, we may want to define weak bindings
eventually, but we've started in this specification with strong bindings.

--Judy