Should I use displayname?

From: Rickard Falk <rickard.falk@excosoft.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:00:30 +0100
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
When I'm trying to perform a directory browsing, that I'm going to present
to a user. Should I then present the Displayname info or should I pars the
href to get the name of the resource, from the Propfind request?
If I should use the Displayname info, can I rely on that it only contains
the name of the resource and not the complete path? ( this seems to be the
case for IIS, Xythos, Zope. But not for CyberTeams server )

/Rickard