RE: WebDAV Bindings - Issue Yaron.ApplePie3

I suspect the issue is better described as "Can a user rely on getting back
a complete list of all the bindings they are allowed to see when they ask
for a dav:bindings property?"

I suspect Judy's answer will be "yes". Which is certainly reasonable. If so,
then we need to clarify the language in the spec to make this clear. This is
definitely a conclusion one can come to from reading the spec but it would
be useful if the conclusion was explicitly addressed. Language such as "A
client can rely upon the contents of the DAV:bindings property specifying
all bindings for that resource that the client is authorized to know about."

That having been said, it is also fairly clear that a design for weak
bindings will most likely want to use the DAV:bindings property. The reason
being that if one is performing a search one will almost certainly want to
search on both weak and strong bindings. If one wants one over the other,
one can always select the search based on resource type as weak bindings
will almost certainly have their own resource type. Strong bindings
obviously don't require their own resource type as, by definition, every
WebDAV resource (to some extent or another) is a strong binding.

As such I would like to see the DAV:bindings definition language tweaked to
say something along the lines of "DAV:bindings, when used with bindings as
defined in this specification,...."

By putting in the parenthetical phrase the weak bindings spec will be able
to say "DAV:bindings, when used with weak bindings, provides a list of
available bindings. This list may not necessarily be complete."

			Yaron