RE: Creating a lock-null in a locked collection

Geoff said: "It sometimes acts like a resource (modifies the parent
collection), and sometimes does not (returns a 404 when you GET it)."

In HTTP, as I understand it, one sends a method to a resource identified by
a URI. As such any response one gets must have come from a resource.
Therefore a 404 must be issued by a resource. This is why the object model I
suggested for WebDAV has the universal NULL resource that handles things
such as issuing 404s. As such how can one say that because a resource issues
a 404 it is not acting like a resource?

			Yaron