RE: does this use of 424 seem reasonable?

The error minimization rules in Section 8.6.2, 6th paragraph, were intended
to cover this situation by eliminating repetition of 424s.

I heartily concur that, if a server can support atomic copy/move/delete,
then they should do so.  I suspect I will spend a day in purgatory for every
person who was misled on this point by the language in RFC 2518.

- Jim