Re: If: header and "parent" resource checking

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 23:26:54 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

<geoff>
The fact that they show up in a PROPFIND does not require that their
addition and removal from a collection affect the lock state of that
collection.  I'll appeal again to live properties here.  They are
properties of a resource, but they can be changed without affecting
the lock state of the resource.
</geoff>
<jra>
But they're not live properties. For example, lock-null resources can be
the request-URL of PROPFIND and UNLOCK. The problem is that lock-null
resources are only lock-null resources: a bunch of special cases that make
sense when you look at them one way and not form another. I think they were
a good idea that didn't semantically scale.
</jra>