Re: WG Last Call: Bindings Protocol

From: <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:05:21 -0500
To: "Eric Sedlar" <esedlar@us.oracle.com>
cc: "WebDAV WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

  * some comment to the effect that if the URL is a versioned resource, and
  the currently selected revision is changed, the resourceid will not
  (I'm assuming that is what you want.)  So even though two people might
  different data from a GET request from the same URL (because they would
  a different revision selected), they would still have the same
  Therefore, people should NOT use resourceid to invalidate caches or any
  other application that assumes a one to one correspondence between
  resourceid and data.

I agree with this one.   I suspect the versioning document is the best
to put that though.  Hopefully a versioning person will put this on their