Exclusive Locking ... per lock type?

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:39:17 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Did section 8.10.6 of 2518 meant to say that an exclusive
lock will fail if there already is a lock *of that locktype* on that
resource, or if there is *any* exclusive lock there?

I can see arguments for both directions, and implementors  probably haven't
thought that much about it since everybody is just doing write locks,
but I assume the authors had one or the other in mind?

Cheers,
Geoff