Re: are depth 0 locks inherited by newly created children?

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:47:44 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

<jim davis>
I read 7.5 as saying that even a depth zero lock is inherited, because it
does not say "only depth infinity". You and others have asserted that this
is bad.  When I asked why, you said it causes problems for BIND.
</jim davis>
<jra>
I think this is assuming too much from missing information. I do not draw
this conclusion given the inheritance of depth locks on existing resources.
Locking a collection with depth:0 does not lock any of the members of the
collection. So why would adding a new member inherit the lock?
</jra>