RE: refresh LOCK for multiple locks

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:22:21 -0800 (PST)
To: ccjason@us.ibm.com
cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 ccjason@us.ibm.com wrote:
>    We return a DAV:lockdiscovery element (as defined) which contains
> multiple
>    DAV:activelock elements (as defined).
>
>    We refresh any locks that are extent on that resource and that we find
> in
>    the If: header. In other words, we'll refresh direct locks and those
>    inherited from Depth:infinity locks further up in the namespace.
>
>    On error, we return a single status code (not a multistatus). That's
>    because a refresh is not being applied to multiple resources -- just
>    multiple locks on *one* resource.
>
> And what about if the if header references several locks on different
> resources?

A = the set of locktokens found in the If: header
B = the set of locktokens found on the resource (directly and/or through
    inherited locks)

mod_dav refreshes the intersection.

By "on different resources", if you mean the Request-URI and the resource
locked with a Depth:infinity lock (implied by the inherited lock on the
Request-URI), then yes.

If you mean locks implied by a Tagged-List in the If: header, then that
just doesn't make sense :-)

Happy Thanksgiving,
-g

--