Re: FW: RE: Does zope mess with the body in a GET?

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:04:07 +0100 (CET)
To: Brett McCormick <brett@mail.flyingcroc.net>
cc: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Brett McCormick wrote:

> > centric in its approach. I'm not knocking that - but it makes
> > the practical use of DAV pretty limited on sites that can't get
> > by on just static files. I've been hoping that we can wrangle
> > the time to make some contributions in this area.

> This situation has already been considered.  Section 5.4 of RFC 2518
> (the webdav spec) is titled "Source Resources and Output Resources."

But still, beside this as soon as you hit dynamic content you have two
problem's hitting you; you cannot 'PUT' to the target URI so easily
anymore as it has different semantics; which is more than just the content
and something as simple as, say, renaming a top level directory reliably
can in fact trigger locking on a virtually infinitive space of URI's
deeper down.

Dw