RE: Simplifying RFC-2518 Locking: A proposal

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:06:31 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

A collection can also have a body as its state. This body would be affected
by a lock.
I understand a MKCOL method can include an entity request body, but the use of
that body is not yet defined in WebDAV. I believe the spec says something about
the body being used to create initial members of the collection. I dont remember
anything about a collection having a body. Servers can define what GET on a
collection means, but this (by convention) usually means returning the body of
some distinguished member of the collection, the index page or some such thing.