Re: resourcetype locknull

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:14:44 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

No it wouldn't, unless we did something with URLs ending in /. Getting ugly
isn't it.

Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (Albert Lunde) on 10/14/99 11:23:04 AM

Please respond to Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (Albert Lunde)

To:   gclemm@tantalum.atria.com
cc:   w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Subject:  Re: resourcetype locknull

> Having LOCK create a null resource as a side effect?
> This can't be "no control coupling" Jim Amsden talking here! (:-).
>
> But seriously, I could easily live with this proposal.  Although I am
> aesthetically against control coupling of this kind (i.e. creating a
> resource and locking a resource should be two separate and orthogonal
> requests), I could live with it if that's what it takes to get rid
> of lock null resources.

But would this work if one intended to reserve a URL to create a collection?

--
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu