Re: resourcetype locknull

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:39:31 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

We should make sure there is a DAV:resourcetype for every resource defined by
the protocol.

ccjason@us.ibm.com on 10/13/99 12:38:49 PM

To:   w3c-dist-auth@w3.org (w3c-dist-auth)
cc:

Subject:  resourcetype locknull

I've noted it in the lock issues list and I suspect Jim already has it in the
2518 issue list, but in the definition section it says that lock-null resources
are not listed as children of their parent... and (by omiision) cannot accept
UNLOCK and PROPFIND methods.  Later in the document it says the opposite.   I
believe the later information is correct.

Based on that assumption and a "problem" I encountered with LOCK support in the
Linux version of mod_dav, I'd like to propose   "lock-null" as a potential value
for the resourcetype property.  This will give clients a predictable value there
for lock-null resources.

What is the "problem" in linux mod_dav?  Well it claims that the lock-null
resource is a collection.  That's not technically incorrect.  So I'd like to
insure that we specify exactly what is returned for the sake of clients.  And it
seems like a new value would be appropriate.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com