Re: Interoperability event?

From: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:32:50 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

I think an interoperability test suite would be more useful over a longer period
of time, and would accomplish a lot of the same goals. If we had a client/server
test framework, it would be possible for companies to submit tests to the suite.
Then other interested parties could run the tests against their products. In
addition, a test suite is the best way of determining if the protocol is
complete, consistent, implementable, and in some sense, useful. IBM is thinking
about creating the basis of such a suite, and would like to make it open-source
so others could contribute. Again, webdav.org would be the logical place to host
and deploy it.