Clarification of "Optional" for DAV:bindings

From: Slein, Judith A <JSlein@crt.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:20:35 -0400
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jim Amsden asked for clarification of what the spec authors mean by saying
that the DAV:bindings property is optional.

Like everything else in WebDAV, the property is optional per resource.  It
could be that some resources on a server have the DAV:bindings property, but
other resources on the same server do not.

If the property is present, it is required to have a complete list of all
bindings to the resource.  We think that this is possible because we require
a guarantee of integrity for bindings.  That guarantee can't be made unless
the resource knows about all the bindings to it.

--Judy

Judith A. Slein
Xerox Corporation
jslein@crt.xerox.com