Re: Bindings, Locks, and MOVE

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:16:38 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
"Yaron Goland (Exchange)" wrote:

> If you wish to do cross-server
> MOVEs you will need a new protocol because WebDAV can't do it.

Disturbing thought from the peanut gallery: cross-host MOVE (i.e., between two
URLs with different hostnames) is not necessarily cross-server, because they
could be hosted on the same machine.  So, sometimes, something that looks like
a cross-server MOVE may work.  But usually it won't.  And, in some cases, a
user may find it works for a while and then stops, when his admin splits the
server up.  Or vice versa.  Fun, no? :-)

--
|John Stracke    |http://www.ecal.com|My opinions are my own.|