LOCK NULL reserves what?

From: <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:14:09 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Whoops, I sent this to the wrong address last night....

My comments in my previous note remind me of something else.

If I have
a lock-null resource, and if someone places a lock on the
parent collection, am I blocked from doing a BIND or MOVE on my
lock-null URI?  I believe the intent of the lock-null is to insure
that we can do operations like  PUT/MKCOL there... but I'd think
that BIND and MOVE also apply... at least in intent... but that
seems to conflict with what we've been saying about BIND/MOVE
being an operation on the state of the parent collection...
and thereby blocked if someone else locks the parent.
Any thoughts?

Yaron?  :-)

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com