Re: FW: [Moderator Action] Questions on Webdav Servers

From: <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:10:00 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

3)  MOVE/COPY to a destination that is locked.  8.10.5 states "... a
successful DELETE of a resource MUST cause all of its locks to be removed."
and 8.8.4 states that overwrite set to T will do a DELETE....  Then will the
LOCK on the destination be lost??  This seems wrong to me.  If the
destination is LOCKED, then after a MOVE/COPY which might delete the
resource, I would assume the resource is still locked.
<jra>
After a copy or move, the destination resource is not the same resource. So it
doesn't make sense to retain the lock.
</jra>
<jlc>
In the case of a MOVE and as per the advanced collections doc, it is the same
resource where possible.  To the extent possible, it's
just a binding change or a simulation of one.  See section 4.2.10..
</jlc>