RE: Interoperability testing with Xythos DAV server

From: Kevin Wiggen <wiggs@wiggenout.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:26:44 -0700
To: "Jim Davis" <jrd3@alum.mit.edu>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Jim, thanks again for testing the server.  I will be making all of the
changes necessary in the next few days.

->2) the server does not seem to be preserving the xml:lang attribute

> I need to add that support.  Not sure how I want to handle this, do I need
>to stripe property by lang.  This means that someone could set the same
>property to two different values as long as the lang was set differently???

that's not how I understand it.  If you're not clear, better post a
question to the webdav list asking for clarification, as others may also be
unclear.

I talked to Jim Whitehead on this.  He told me that I must keep the xml:lang
attribute, but it is not intended to stripe the property.  In other words a
propatch of

<K:foo xml:lang=us> foobar </K:foo>

then propatch

<K:foo xml:lang=f> frenchfoobar </K:foo>

Will result in only ONE value for <K:foo>.  The second value REPLACES the
first even though it is a different lang.

I think this is different than what you are telling me.

While I am at it.  Is the server required to keep ALL attributes sent to
it???

Thanks,
Kevin