it yesterday). Win98.

Here is what I got with the lates link you provided (including the port
number)

03/19/99 10:57:45
Could not find a web server at 'webdav.zope.org' on port 2518. Please check
to make sure that the web server name is valid and your proxy settings are
set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct, the web server
may be temporarily out of service.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lloyd [mailto:Brian@digicool.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 1999 9:35 AM
To: 'martind@netfolder.com'; Brian Lloyd
Cc: 'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
Subject: RE: Zope / IE5 interoperability report + nits

> FYI, Zope appears to work well with IE5 (web folders), and
> handles GET, HEAD, PUT, PROPFIND, DELETE, MKCOL, COPY, MOVE
> requests as expected. It apparently doesnt deal with custom
> properties. If you want to try out IE5 against Zope, you can
> open a "web folder" (read only) at:
>
> http://webdav.zope.org/users/public

> Hi
>
> This morning I tried several times to create a WebFolder with the link
> mentioned but it didn't worked. Is the link OK?
>
> Regards
> Didier PH Martin
> mailto:martind@netfolder.com
> http://www.netfolder.com

Interesting - IE5 does not appear to be willing to follow
a 302 (Found) redirect when it does it's initial OPTIONS
request to the server... <sigh>. It does not seem very
tolerant in its interpretation of response codes - I've
noticed that it will also fail if the server returns a
204 (No Content) instead of a 200 OK in response to an
OPTIONS request.

That means you'll have to include the port number in the
url to open the public area with IE:

http://webdav.zope.org:2518/users/public

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909