Zope / IE5 interoperability report + nits

From: Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:03:59 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hi all,

FYI, Zope appears to work well with IE5 (web folders), and
handles GET, HEAD, PUT, PROPFIND, DELETE, MKCOL, COPY, MOVE
requests as expected. It apparently doesnt deal with custom
properties. If you want to try out IE5 against Zope, you can
open a "web folder" (read only) at:

http://webdav.zope.org/users/public

A few observations / nits:

  o I agree with Greg that IE5 Web Folders seem a bit slow...

  o IE5 sends a rather curious looking propfind request:

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <propfind xmlns="DAV:">
    <prop>
    <name/>
    <parentname/>
    <href/>
    <ishidden/>
    <iscollection/>
    <isreadonly/>
    <getcontenttype/>
    <contentclass/>
    <getcontentlanguage/>
    <creationdate/>
    <lastaccessed/>
    <getlastmodified/>
    <getcontentlength/>
    <resourcetype/>
    <isstructureddocument/>
    <defaultdocument/>
    <displayname/>
    <isroot/>
    </prop>
    </propfind>

    I'm curious what these elements are:

    <name/>
    <parentname/>
    <ishidden/>
    <iscollection/>
    <isreadonly/>
    <contentclass/>
    <lastaccessed/>
    <isstructureddocument/>
    <defaultdocument/>
    <isroot/>

    ...I don't see them in the spec, yet IE5 is asserting them to
    be in the 'DAV:' namespace. Are these revenants of an older draft,
    or from other works-in-progress (adv. collections, etc.)?

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909