RE: Locking a Resource or Locking a URL?

[Larry, stop laughing.]

You perceive a differentiation where none exists. URLs exist solely to
address resources. That a resource has multiple URLs is irrelevant. When a
method is sent to a URL the end result is an interaction with a resource.
Thus, using your language, #2 is correct. Any other interpretation would
mean that someone locking a resource through one URL could still see the
resource changed simply because someone addressing the same resource through
another URL made a change. I believe the WebDAV spec to be crystal clear on
this point but if somehow the language has lead you astray please point out
the language that confused you and I will make sure it is properly edited
before we move on to draft status.

			Yaron