RE: www.webdav.org now online

From: Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:33:09 -0500
To: "'Greg Stein'" <gstein@lyra.org>
Cc: new-httpd@apache.org, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, Jim Fulton <jim.fulton@digicool.com>, Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com>
> Hello fellow DAV people...
>
>    http://www.webdav.org/ is now online!
>

> webdav.org is intended to be a central resource for the DAV community.
> It contains my DAV FAQ, a list of relevant specifications, some papers
> about DAV, useful links, and a list of DAV projects.
> Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Great news! We are currently working on DAV support for Zope,
our open source web object publishing environment. I hope to
have a prototype that includes at least basic class 1 support
ready soon so that we can get into interoperability testing.

Synergy with Apache is important to us as many Zope users
run one or more Zope installations in the url namespaces of
their existing Apache servers, so we'll definitely be putting
some time into testing peaceful co-existence with mod_dav. Let
me know if there are particular things we can do to help the
mod_dav effort on this front.

Once I have the prototype ready, we'd be happy to put an
installation on webdav.org for folks to beat on and test
against. I'll also work on getting a overview of Zope WebDAV
support up on the www.zope.org site that can be listed in
webdav.org's projects area.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909