Re: structured documents [draft-hopmann-collection-props-00.txt]

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:59:58 -0800
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
(Whoops--I set the Reply-To: on my last post so that I would
get replies after I left Netscape; but I just realized it'll
make it hard for some people to reply to the list.  So I'm
resending.)

Larry Masinter wrote:

> If support for structured documents is needed for
> interoperable
> clients, then it should only be "optional" in the sense of
> another
> set of collective features which form yet another standard
> for
> which 'conformance implies interoperability'.

I'm wondering whether we actually want a new
structured-document model.  Rhetorical question: What's
wrong with multipart/related?

--
|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported  |