RE: structured documents [draft-hopmann-collection-props-00.txt]

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:43:34 PST
To: <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>, "Lisa Lippert (Dusseault) (Exchange)" <lisal@exchange.microsoft.com>
Cc: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
I think if we want interoperable standards here, that it would
be useful to take on the job of designing a set of attributes
that could successfully carry a useful document model.

If support for structured documents is needed for interoperable
clients, then it should only be "optional" in the sense of another
set of collective features which form yet another standard for
which 'conformance implies interoperability'.

I don't know if this requires a charter addition, or the formation
of a separate working group.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter