Re: PUT on collections

ccjason@us.ibm.com wrote:

> What is peoples' thinking on how a client will define what is returned by a GET
> request for a URI like...
>
> http://www.myhost.com/

Generally speaking, GET on a DAV collection Ought To work just like it would if
that resource weren't DAV--it should treat it as a GET on index.html, or
whatever.  We don't want to break existing browsers, after all.

That being said, it might be nice if a DAV client could customize, or at least
query, which resource(s) a collection uses (plural because it can be handy to
specify a search list: index.cgi, index.html, index.txt, DirectoryList).  Maybe a
DAV:defaultresource property, which contains a list of resource elements; each
element contains (or is) either an href or a <DAV:directorylist/>.  Some servers
might not support setting it, but querying it should be fairly easy.

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |