RE: DELETE vs. UNBIND

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 11:54:49 -0700
To: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>, WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> I suspect that we're covering the same ground that HTTP/1.1 did when they
> not-quite-defined DELETE.

Perhaps, although looking through the HTTP-WG mailing list archives, I
couldn't find much in the way of discussion on DELETE.  There was one
discussion on whether it should be in or out of the protocol, but no real
discussion on its semantics. I'm getting the sense that the semantics of
DELETE were never discussed in depth on the HTTP-WG list (which doesn't mean
they weren't discussed off-list).

- Jim