RE: Must PROPPATCH operation be atomic...

At 10:12 AM 4/16/99 -0700, Lisa Lippert (Dusseault) (Exchange) wrote:

>Some PROPPATCH results can fail and others can succeed, so this is why we
>have multi-valued responses.  Clients can easily see what happened.
>Rollback is difficult for servers to implement.  Are there any server
>implementations that do already implement this as atomic or with rollback?
>I'm not aware of any.  I see rollback as a more advanced feature, that we
>can figure out how to do later on.

I am unsure whether I understand your email.  Are you questioning the
requirement that PROPPATCH be atomic?  I do not recall the design rationale
-- perhaps it is in the WebDAV book of Why.  But in any case, one can't
argue against it on the basis of difficulty, since
the PyDAV server implements PROPPATCH as atomic.

Apologies if I misunderstood you

Jim

please reply to jrd3@alum.mit.edu, despite the Reply-To address in the header.