Re: BIND forest question

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:40:35 +0000
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Davis wrote:

> Does this also create a binding for X/R.html to R?

I think it has to--X is supposed to be indistinguishable from A, after all.
(If X/R.html didn't exist, then what would be the point of creating X?)

> If Yes, does this impose an unreasonable storage burden on the server?

I don't think so.  It may have some performance penalties (having to
dereference the bindings for each parent collection), but i's a tradeoff.
People who don't like the performance don't have to use bindings.

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |