Re: State-Lock [was Re: Proposal: BIND method]

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 16:35:11 +0000
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
"Geoffrey M. Clemm" wrote:

> I will be posting a proposal for the "state-lock" locking variant soon.
> One meta-question: This could be a new SLOCK method, or a State
> header to the existing LOCK method ... does anyone have a preference?

I think it comes down to the question: how terrible will it be if a client asks a
base DAV server for a state lock and the server thinks it's asking for a name

|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |