Re: Proposal: BIND method

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 15:57:49 +0000
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
"Slein, Judith A" wrote:

> Presumably it would not be possible to create a binding to a resource on a
> different server.

A server could probably implement it by acting as a proxy.  (An optional
feature, like cross-server COPY.) Do we want to permit that? We'd probably have
to specify that the server would have to implement all the behavior which
HTTP/1.1 mandates for proxies (I seem to remember that there were some
difficulties in having a proxy that isn't); I'm not sufficiently familiar with
RFC-2068 to know if that's going to be possible on a per-resource basis.
Larry?

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |