Web Folders interoperability with Authentication?

From: Pete Carlson <pete@datachannel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:00:16 -0700
To: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I am adding some basic Digest Authentication to our WebDAV server and am
trying to test this out using WebFolders as the client.

I have a network sniffer set up so that I can see the interaction between
WebFolders and Windows2000, but I do NOT see any HTTP Authentication headers
being processed.

Does anyone have any experience doing WebDAV authentication and having
WebFolders (or Office2000 for that matter) as the client?  Is there a way to
"turn these headers on" in these clients?  Or is it setup to be a
challenge/response where the server has to challenge the client somehow?  If
so, how do I challenge?

Any information would be great -- thanks in advance!

Peter J. Carlson
Engineering Manager, DataChannel
pete@datachannel.com (425) 462-1999 x141