Re: Don't copy live properties

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:10:57 -0800
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Yaron Goland wrote:

> I think it is too soon for us to make this judgement. I am willing to bet
> that once we ban copying live properties we will find out that this too
> breaks many scenarios.

Mmm, but those scenarios can probably be addressed by having the client copy
the properties by hand: a sequence of COPY, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH will provide
the same behavior as the current spec.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own. | The cheapest,  |
|Software Retrophrenologist|========================/ fastest, & most|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |reliable components of a computer system |
|francis@netscape.com      |are those that aren't there.--Gordon Bell|