RE: Don't copy live properties

At 01:08 PM 12/31/98 PST, Yaron Goland wrote:
>I think it is too soon for us to make this judgement. I am willing to bet
>that once we ban copying live properties we will find out that this too
>breaks many scenarios. Its a definite damned if you do, damned if you don't
>scenario. Thankfully there is a way out. Ban live properties.

While I deeply respect your intuition and judgement, I would rather see
someone propose an actual scenario that breaks.  Since we know the current
definition is no good, how could we be worse off?

Bear in mind, this problem could only arise when a resource is copied to a
location where some property are not live.  This has never happened yet,
because no WebDAV server in existance supports copying to a different
server.  So there can't be a compatibility issue with an existing
implementation.

How can you throw away all live properties without breaking locking?